Friends of the Corte Madera Libraries
WHAT WE DO
Friends of the Corte Madera Library provide support and funding for a variety of programs our talented library staff
offer to the public and for library improvement projects:
- The Summer Reading Program for children and youth
- Year round programs and activities for young people, including STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math)
- Programs for children by The Bay Area Discovery Museum, the Marine Mammal Center and the Marin Theatre Company
- Adult programs that include art docent talks, Marin Master Gardeners classes, art, music, and technical programs
- Teen Book Clubs
- After Hours Study Hall for Teens
- The gardens in front of the library
- Community room renovations
We are a nonprofit 501(c)3 group of volunteers dedicated to supporting our county library system and provide
funding for a wide range of programs. Please join us as a Friend of the Corte Madera Library by becoming a member.
Your membership supports programming for toddlers to seniors. Our non-profit tax ID is 23-7098721.
- Focus public attention on and generate community support for library services, programs and facilities
- Expand opportunities for education and the well-being of the community
- Encourage literacy
- Assist in obtaining financial support for the library
BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND MEETINGS
- President - Susan Topor
- Vice President - Jan Shaw
- Secretary - Edith Stover
- Treasurer - Nancy Brooks
- Library Leaves correspondent and Volunteer Coordinator - Julie Magnus
We meet four times per year on the second Wednesday of the month (January 10, April 11, July 11, and October 10, 2018) at
10 am in the Community Room at the Corte Madera Library.
- Volunteers are needed at the Book Place for Corte Madera Days on the first Thursday of each month
- To assist with programs at the library and in the community
- Contact us: For more information, to join/donate , to volunteer, to find out when our next Board meeting is, call or email Susan Topor at 415 302 9149 or firstname.lastname@example.org.